235 Jasmine Point Jc29, Salem
Sitting at the end of a tree lined tumbled cobblestone drive, beyond the mahogany gate, this property sits within a setting that is at once impressive and tasteful. A solid stone facade with a turret housing an interior custom staircase and two wings, each with three car garages, envelopes the visitor in a comfortable yet sizeable motor court area. Welcome to 235 Jasmine Point in The Cliffs at Keowee Falls. A bouldered, pondless waterfall projects the restful sound of falling water throughout the courtyard. Upon entry into the residence, there is an immediate and pervading sense of quality, sophistication and style. The eye is drawn to the great room, which rises to 25 feet, and includes a wall of Eagle windows showcasing expansive lake and mountain views to the northeast. The setting is one of the finest available on Lake Keowee – a point property at the apex of a large, private cove, comprising 1.12 acres with 526 ft of stained boulder shoreline. This is the best of all worlds – expansive open water views and a quiet cove for the covered slip dock, swimming, or peaceful relaxation on a summer’s eve. The main floor of this Keith Price (Atlanta GA) designed home, constructed by Greenville’s The Paragon Group, is quintessentially open, flowing and inviting. The expansive kitchen, with center-island, pantry and custom cabinet-matching Stylecraft range hood, houses Viking, Sub Zero and Miele appliances, and lies open to the walnut lined keeping room/library, with one of five gas and one wood burning fireplaces to take the chill from early spring or late fall mornings. The dining room is conveniently nearby, as is the great room, with its floor-to-ceiling full masonry fireplace and limestone surrounds, all of which make family gatherings and entertaining simultaneously convenient, comfortable, and conversant. An impressive master suite with fireplace and separate sun/reading room occupies the east wing, enhanced with calming lake and mountain views. There’s also access to the lakeside deck, which beckons outdoor living across the entire northern facade of the residence. A phantom screen porch with gas fireplace provides a relaxing, casual escape. On the top floor is a mahogany lined study. Garage of six bays – enough to house a classic car collection or a flotilla of family vehicles. The architect has maximized views from the king bed upper level suites (2) and recreation/games room, where guests and family members can enjoy private space or communal board games and self-service-ability. Three Romeo & Juliette balconies overlook the lakeside and add distinctive architecture flare from the landing of the custom, three level stair-case with its retractable chandelier. The lakeside level opens onto a blue crab orchard flagstone terrace and under- deck-dry below system. Here, it’s a gentle slope and short walk to the water (and waterside seating area), constructed in concrete and veneered in blue stone, which softly highlights the nighttime path lighting. Finishing touches include a broad pallet of flowering trees, shrubs and perennial flowers to a custom EPE dock with deep water. The interior of the lakeside level has a billiard, fitness and tv room, full service teak bar with walnut-lined walls, and two guest bedroom/bath suites with lake views. The Kessick designed wine cellar is climate controlled and spacious enough to hold several hundred wine bottles, which can easily be transported to the lower level via a three floor elevator. Additional thoughtful features include: Heated bathroom floors, Warming drawers in bathrooms, Plantation Shutters, Lighting Protection system, Hickory Floors, Copper Gutters, Water Filter System, Xm/sirus radio thru out home, Custom Alder Wood interior doors, Cedar Closet.
- MLS® #1331171
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths4
- Square Footage7000+
- Year Built2008
- Sub-TypeSingle Family-Detached
- AmenitiesClub House, Common Areas, Exercise Facility, Gated Community, Golf, Playground, Pool, Tennis Court, Water Access, Dock, Boat Ramp
- ParkingDoor Opener, Courtyard Entry
- GaragesDoor Opener, Courtyard Entry
- Garage CapacityThree +
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Exterior FeaturesBalcony, Deck, Patio, Outdoor Fireplace, Outdoor Kitchen
- Lot DescriptionCul-de-Sac, Mountain View, Sloped Gently, Some Trees, Water Access, Water Front, Water View
- Listing AgentJustin Winter
- Listing OfficeJustin Winter Sotheby's Intl.
- Address235 Jasmine Point Jc29
- SubdivisionThe Cliffs at Keowee Falls South
- Zip Code29676
- InteriorCeramic Tile, Hardwood, Stone
- Interior Features2 Story Foyer, Bookcase, Ceiling 9ft+, Ceiling Cathedral/Vaulted, Ceiling Smooth, Countertops Granite, Security System Owned, Smoke Detector, Some Window Trtmnts, Tub-Jetted, Walk In Closet, Wet Bar, Elevator
- AppliancesCook Top-Gas, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Freezer, Microwave, Refrigerator, Washer, Wine Chiller, Double Oven
- HeatingElectric, Forced Air, Multi-Units, Propane Gas
- CoolingCentral Forced, Multi-Units
- # of Fireplaces3
- FireplacesGas Logs, Outdoor
- StoriesTri/Split Level
- BasementFull Finished, Full, Walkout
- Master Bedroom FeaturesDouble Sink, Full Bath, Master on Main Lvl, Shower-Separate, Sitting Room, Tub-Separate, Tub-Jetted, Walk-in Closet
- FloorsCeramic Tile, Hardwood, Stone
Listings provided courtesy of the Greater Greenville Association of REALTORS®, Copyright 2017.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on September 21st, 2017 at 10:31pm EDT.